We had celebrated the six month anniversary a day early after J's last softball game of the season. Too hot, too tired to cook, the three of us headed for Mama Mia's for air conditioning and comfort food that I didn't have to make myself. Six months means that we should be moving forward with the adoption, but we are not. We are stuck in appeal limbo. We know that Hazmat has filed an appeal but we don't know when it will be over.
We were leaving for Virginia on Friday morning, and by Wednesday my hands had broken out in contact dermatitis, leaving my palms a mess of vesicles oozing lymph. I had been going back and forth with the CW to get a new foster parent letter as the one we had was to expire Thursday as if C would turn into a pumpkin. She said she would drop it in our mailbox, and when it didn't show up there Wednesday I called her office. She was out and her supervisor was out on two month's leave. No letter. No visit to my mother who is recovering from botched hip surgery that needs to be redone in July. My skin on my hands kept bubbling. Spoke to the covering supervisor who said she mailed it and hung up on me. J called her back and got her to fax a copy. Why do men get results and women get frustrated?
In Virginia, the hotel room was nice but my body, already overly sensitized didn't like it. My nose filled and I developed a cough that made my ribs hurt. I am sure C enjoyed having time with his grandma, but I wish I didn't have to suffer for it. I had a haircut while I was there, not because I wanted one ( I am usually loyal to my hairdresser here in Jersey.)
Mom had said straight up that she hated my hair and that I needed a haircut. I got snippy with her and said sure if YOU pay for it. She drove me to her hairdresser and did just that, but my hair was cut my way to her chagrin. My hair is still shoulder length with bangs. I still got the woman my age speech from her which translates into why do want to wear your hair like your stepmonster speech, but I still left two pounds of medium golden brown on the floor after the beautician thinned it. This was before I got so sick on Sunday. I swear I was coughing up pieces of my brain.
I took Claritin that didn't touch it. Then two hours later I took two Benadryl and slept the whole four hour drive home. Worked Monday, but by the time I got home the back of my mouth was raw. I couldn't talk. It hurt to breathe. Stayed home from work Tuesday, and woke up this morning with a bloody nose. I feel like I am falling apart.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear that you are feeling so crappy! It was about this time of year when we went to Williamsburg two years ago for vacation, and Drew and I had HORRIBLE allergic reactions where I swore I contracted bronchitis and had headaches worse than I'd felt in ages. Drew even got his first full blown ear infection as a result of that trip. I know your pain. Feel better soon! (PS-- Drew thanks you for his ecard-- he liked it a lot, since he's really into racecars these days!)
Post a Comment