Driving across the Commodore Barry on my way to work this morning, I kept looking down at the Delaware River as it churned its way southward, chocolate brown turgid water pulling along debris from my Northern neighbours. It reminded of a bloated and angry drunk raging against the injustices and injuries of an inescapable past. May be it was what I put in the mailbox this morning that the Delaware was my own personal Rubicon- "Alea iacta est !" or "Les jeux son faits !"
What was I doing driving from PA back to NJ? I had two job interviews yesterday. One job I find myself wanting very much even though I know there will be challenges. The other has detrimental factors that outweigh any potential benefits. I had been struggling with the idea of giving up on trying to find teaching job, and once again changing a career after a career had abandoned me. Now I have two possible teaching jobs, But I have already chosen which one I preferred and it was to them I sent carefully written thank you notes for yesterday afternoon's interview. I drove to Wilmington this morning so they would have my letters in their hands as early as today. By actively pursuing this position, I placing my future in the hands of the teaching profession. I making a commitment.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Crossing the Big Muddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment