Sunday, June 25, 2006

I don't know who's going to feel it more.

    Last week was the week for doctor's appointments. With the upcoming inspection by Department of Licensing, everybody, including the cats, had to be checked out. (It must be Jersey Logic to issue a three year license and then have to be inspected every year.) Because Hazmat is out of the picture, we were able to take C to the specialist to check out his bathroom problem.
    The upshot of it is  C will have to have surgery to fix it. What makes me mad about it is that his problems are further evidence of her neglect of even his most basic needs the eight months she had him. Allowing him to sit in pee soaked diapers for hours when he was a newborn caused scarring on his urethra that now needs to be surgically repaired and his botched circumcision completed.
  The doctor's office is calling tomorrow to schedule the surgery. They tell me that nine percent of little boys have to go through this, but if she had provided proper care (Like changing him when he was wet.) it could have been prevented. We were the first foster parents to even notice that he had a problem and wasn't being defiant when he misfired. Thank heaven for pediatric urologists, but I wish C didn't have to see one. I read online the details on the surgery and I felt sick that my son will have to go through this. It needs to be done, but don't ask me to like it.

No comments: