When I am not working at Rowan this summer or writing articles for Down Jersey Magazine or looking for a teaching position for the fall, I am working on my creative thesis, which is also my first novel, at least the first novel that is going anywhere.
I am and have always been extremely right-brained which gets me into trouble more often than not. When I visualize my muse, I always come up with the same person and famous Jersey girl- Meryl Streep. Don't ask me why. I am not a big fan of hers. I prefer Bette Davis or Katherine Hepburn. She is an extremely talented actress, and even she is from New Jersey, so are many other famous people. Do I total lack imagination?
1 comment:
No, I don't think so. But I could see why Meryl Streep would work. One of the things she is known for during most of her career is her versatility in various roles and accents. Perhaps she is your "muse" because she isn't necessarily what she appears to be, and can change like a chameleon as needed.
Post a Comment