Sunday is Mother's Day, a day that in the past has brought me a great deal of emotional pain as I struggled to become a mother.
This is my first mother's day ever, and John and Cooper already gave me my present, a four slice toaster. Is this a retro present? Yes. Did I want the four slice toaster? Absolutely. It was what I wanted for Mother's Day as our two slicer wasn't cutting it anymore with the three of us.
My mother will not send me a Mother's Day card because in her universe I am not a mother until the adoption is final. Finalization has been postponed indefinitely as Hazmat has finally filed her appeal two weeks after the forty-five days expired. It was not unexpected, but don't ask me to be happy about it.
I am all done with my classes for the summer, so now I can work on my creative thesis, while working twenty hours a week at Rowan. I have a social worker visit today and C's good bye visit is Thursday.
I also have a job interview tomorrow at an all girls school in DE.
We'll see how it all goes.
1 comment:
Well, I will be certainly hoping you have a fantastic first Mother's Day this year! Even if you got your present early, you know the boys will probably still try to do something nice for you that day, I am sure. ;-)
And as for Pat's attitude-- it's not that different than when I was 8 months pregnant and my mother wouldn't honor me because the baby was still a few weeks away. I was SO insulted by that, and shortly thereafter declared that she didn't want to celebrate Mother's Day anymore for herself, which meant that it wouldn't be celebrated for me. If she starts celebrating for Adrienne now or in the future, you KNOW there will be hell to pay for it. So I know exactly where you are coming from on this one. Phooey on the grandmas for being picky. C's your son. Maybe not 100% legally yet, but in HIS heart and your heart, HE IS. I trust this will be the first of many happy Mother's Days to come. :-)
Post a Comment