Friday, January 20, 2006

Dr. Schweikert, I presume

I had dinner with a professor friend  before Novel class last night. We were discussing trying to be mothers while trying to pursue an academic career. She is working her tail off getting published so she looks strong when she goes for tenure review in October. She told me that if I really want to teach college, I need my Ph.D and recommended Temple. She feels that I would be a strong candidate, and she would write me a reference.
 
I checked Temple's site today after talking to John last night. Didn't find what she was talking about there, but I found a program at Rutgers- New Brunswick that looked good.
 
John thinks that I should do it but after adjuncting awhile and allow our savings to recover from my master's degree.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like a plan to me! Yeah, you need to get adjusted financially and just within the new configuration of your family first. But I think it's a great idea! I could see you doing that.