Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I am struggling to write an autobiographical essay for one of my classes. The topic is the how and why I am a writer. To do this successfully, I must dig up some painful bones, and leave more than a few drops of blood on the page, and hope the reader understands.
Meanwhile, John spoke to the worker in NJ that will be handling our case from this end. She said that she will accept an email from the boys' worker in CA to order the release of our homestudy. I emailed my contact in the Torrance DCFS to let their worker know (I am not allowed to speak to her directly.). It's been ten days since I first received the email from CA telling me that they were available and send our homestudy to see if we are a match. I am not worried about being a match. What I am worried about is getting the right paperwork to the right people so they can make  decision and that I won't lose them to another family. I find myself falling in love with these boys even though I know I shouldn't and I need to guard my heart. In order to write for school, I have to let down my guard and let the reader inside.

No comments: