While my husband was in the hospital, I asked my sister in law to email the woman who handles the church bulletins to add him to the long term prayer list. Linda cc'ed me on the mail so I know it was done, but it did not appear in the bulletin two weeks after the request was made ( Now when Pop was alive the bulletin was my job and any parishoner who was ill or having a tough time was an automatic listing no one had to ask.).
After services last Sunday, I approached this woman, and kindly asked her to add his name to the list. Her response was " Stop getting up in my sh&*! Step off before I have to hit you." She began to hurl invectives at me about things I knew that the woman knew nothing about. Her own nature is sarcastic and passive aggressive, not psychotic. I was not talking to someone, but it wasn't her. I think I was in presence of evil and I stood my ground refusing to step off while remaining polite while she ran away from me and out of the church, still yelling about me and my family.
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi - wasn't sure how to contact you, but I got your comment and would love to hear more info about seminarians and Trinity. Also, how are you doing?
I visited Messiah Episcopal in Fredericksburg for a Daughters of the King thingy - are you still going there or where are you going?
My e-mail address is BabyBlueAnglican@aol.com
Blessings,
Mary
Post a Comment