Back in May, I sent a paper hand back into past to retrieve what has been forgotten or misremembered before it was too late. Much of my life has been about too late, and the power of forgiveness as well as the pain of holding a grudge too tight to your heart that it breaks.
Today, my answer came in a plain white envelope with all too familiar handwriting even after close to thirty years of angry silence. Instead of answers, I am left with more questions than answers. I still don't know my father's side of the story as to why he left us other than infidelity and noncommunication were the causes. Since I have heard accusations that my mother cheated on my father with our babysitter, who was our minister's son, and with my father's friend, who later became my stepfather for a while, during the divorce and my mother's claims that she found letters that he cheated on her with his students and the woman who became his second wife afterwards, I have no clue as to what happened. I need details. I feel I have the right to know the truth or at least everyone's version of it.
Their divorce and the aftermath bent and shaped my psyche. I can lay my fear of abandonment at the feet of those who abandoned me first, my parents.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm wondering over from Baby Blue following profile links.
I don't know what to say other than sin sucks! So often it is the innocent parties who must pay the consequences of another.
Not sure what to say and not as meaningful in ASCII characters but ...
*Hugs*
In Christ there is peace and healing from many of the pains we'll never understand.
Yes, I have read your comments over at Baby Blue. With everything going on in the TEC and my little corner of it, I am so thankful I found people who are likeminded. Most of my old friends are from the Left who think I have lost my mind. Maybe I did only to gain my faith.
I am working on a blog called Psalm 40 to handle my walk with Christ as I begin to walk apart from the TEC and affiliate with AMIA.
I'll have to check Psalm 40 out!
I'll bet that you'll find AMiA a strange but refreshing group, I'm not sure any of them pass TEC personality test, but like Luther and Calvin, speak straight truth.
If you're ever in DC, be sure to check Rez out. We're sightly different as an AMiA plant, very youthful, I'm a minority (but honored minority) of growing up in the AC.
Blessing to your walk in NJ! May the Lord raise up Baptist, Non-Doms and other 'sold-out-for-Jesus' friends to encourage you.
Post a Comment