I didn't sleep very well last night. We had planned to go to DYFS this morning here in town to introduce ourselves to the social worker. I don't think anyone has done that before, by the way they reacted. They were extremely nice and gave us a name and phone who will assist us. Apparently, the adoption unit has not been integrated into my local office yet.
Afterwards, John dropped me off at Acme while he went to buy gas. He picked me up later outside. In the van, he gave me a bag from Hallmark inside was a pink wrapped package. I unwrapped it as he drove. It was a poem and a frame that began Dear Mom,.... I started to cry. John didn't know what to do. He almost pulled over, but he kept on driving.
I have wanted to become a mother for so long. Twelve years of disappointment and heartache are about to an end. We just know it.
The woman we spoke to at DYFS called us to tell us that she had received an email from the person who had been helping us at the SRO. He had sent out a broadcast email to let everyone know that we were open and our criteria.
We'll see what's next...
1 comment:
Well, at least they were happy tears!
Post a Comment