Friday, July 15, 2005

What a week!, part 1

This was supposed to be a quiet week to get work done. Supposed to be.
First, Mom called to tell me that my Uncle Donald had died out in LI, a six plus hour drive from here. She was demanding that I tell her what my plans were before my cousins sent me the details. So, I had a fight with her. I wanted to go the mass, but not the wake. John had planned a mystery date with me that he couldn't reschedule the same time as the wake.
The mystery date was a screening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in Philly. Wonderful film adaptation of a wonderful book. Restaurant afterward near Fairmont was a disappointment. Next time we'll go back to Rembrandt's. Went home and slept for two hours. The alarm went off at 3:00 am so we could drive to New Brunfus and catch the 5:40 to Penn Station. From Penn, it was the LIRR to Amityville, which was two blocks from the church.
My brother wasn't expecting me, so he spread my truck troubles as that I had stopped to help some guy, not my SIL. I popped his bubble. I am so glad I went. We stopped at Tumulty's on my way back home for a much better and much cheaper dinner.

No comments: